Matthew S. Crunk is an attorney committed to serving his clients in their efforts to get the right result under the law. After serving as an intern in the Piedmont Judicial Circuit while a student at the University of Georgia School of Law, Matthew was hired by the Judges of the Piedmont Circuit (Counties Barrow County, Jackson, and Banks) to be a full-time staff attorney after graduating and passing the Bar. Serving the people of Northern Georgia, including Barrow County, Jackson, Clarke, Oconee, Walton, Gwinnett and Hall Counties, Matthew has helped several clients through difficult and complex legal challenges, and prides himself in offering his clients an honest view of their legal situation, and a straightforward approach to solving the legal issues his clients face.
Originally hailing from Memphis, Tennessee, Matthew moved to Augusta, Georgia at the age of 11. The fourth of six children, Matthew’s family remains a close-knit group to this day. An avid movie and sports enthusiast, Matthew can often be found at the movie theater or attending a sporting event. Matthew became familiar with the Winder, Georgia area while interning for the Judges of the Piedmont Judicial Circuit, and quickly recognized the opportunities that such a growing area could afford. A southerner through and through, Matthew is proud to serve the people of Northern Georgia.
Matthew has developed many tools and knowledge as an attorney and advocate, but his most important traits are those that were instilled in him by his parents: honesty and a strong work ethic. These are the traits he will always use in advocating for his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce, Custody, Child & Spousal Support, Property Division
- Paternity, Father’s Rights, Child Custody
- Estate Probate
- Wills, Estate Matters, Power of Attorneys
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Juris Doctorate, Law Degree
- Augusta State University (Known now as Augusta University), Augusta, Georgia
- Bachelor’s Major: Political Science & History
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk for the Piedmont Judicial Circuit for Honorable Judges T. David Motes, Joseph H. Booth, Currie M. Mingledorff II, and Wayne D. McLocklin
- Church Service