Barrow County Modification & Enforcement Attorneys

If you are in a child support or spousal support agreement, you may need to seek a modification to the agreement if you or your ex is experiencing a financial hardship or if there has been a significant change in circumstances. You may also need to seek enforcement if your ex has not been making the required payments or is failing to comply with other requirements in the agreement.

At Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm, we understand how stressful and complex divorce and family law issues can be, particularly when your circumstances change. We are here to guide you every step of the way, helping you understand your legal options and making sure that you have the legal representation you need to move forward with confidence.

Schedule a consultation with our modification and enforcement attorneys in Barrow County by calling (678) 701-6252 or contact us online.

Modifications to Child Support or Spousal Support Agreements

In Georgia, the courts look at your current income and expenses to determine if you are eligible for a modification. If you are, you must petition the court for a modification and show how your circumstances have changed since the original order was entered. The courts recognize that life is unpredictable and that financial circumstances can change. 

Some examples of changes that may qualify for a modification include:

  • A decrease in income
  • A significant decrease in net worth
  • A significant increase in necessary expenses
  • A disability
  • A substantial decrease in marital standard of living
  • A need for a drastic relocation

At Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm, our attorneys can play a pivotal role in modifications of child support or spousal support court orders. We can present your case effectively to the court and guide you through the complex legal process, providing a comprehensive understanding of the local court's expectations, procedures, and documentation requirements. Our legal team can also help establish the proof needed to demonstrate a substantial change in circumstances, ensuring your rights and interests are adequately protected.

Enforce Child Support and Spousal Support Payments

If your ex-spouse is in violation of the child support or spousal support order, you may need to seek enforcement. Some examples of violations include:

  • Failure to make payments
  • Failure to maintain health insurance
  • Failure to pay medical expenses
  • Failure to comply with visitation

When your ex-spouse is in violation of child custody, child support, or spousal support orders, our seasoned attorneys can be your staunch advocate. We can assess your situation, gather all pertinent information, and map out a robust strategy to enforce these orders. 

Our attorneys can file a Motion for Contempt with the court, alleging that your ex-spouse has willfully disobeyed the court's order. This motion can compel your ex-spouse to adhere to the order and may lead to penalties, including fines or jail time, for non-compliance. Additionally, we can liaise with income withholding agencies to enforce child support orders, ensuring that your child's financial needs are met.

In cases of child custody violations, our lawyers can help modify the custody agreement, safeguarding your child's welfare and your parental rights. Through every step, our firm can provide you with invaluable support, ensuring your interests and those of your child are thoroughly championed.

We Are Ready to Help You Today

At Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing high-quality legal representation to our clients. Whether you need to modify a child support or spousal support order, or are the victim of an ex who violates family law-related court orders and need enforcement options, our firm is here to help. 

Schedule a consultation with our family law firm by calling (678) 701-6252.

Contact Us For a Free Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

Divorce eBook

Click photo to view.Pitfalls of DIY Divorce Image

If you have questions about family law, do not hesitate to contact us onlineor call (678) 701-6252. Same-day appointments and payment plans are available.

  • Solutions-Oriented
  • Personalized Attention
  • Compassion & Experience
  • Educational Approach

Educational & Empowering

Always Keeping Your Best Interests in Mind

Our Client Testimonials

See Why We Come Trusted & Recommended
  • “Couldn't have been happier!”
  • “Mitchell and Crunk was very diligent throughout my whole process. And I couldn't have asked for a better outcome in my case.”
  • “He genuinely cared about my case first and myself as a client. He was so thorough with the case and actually listened to me and cared. He is also very descriptive and helps you really understand your case with such an honest tone.”
  • “I met Matthew Crunk and he was just amazing. He listened to me, was very understanding of my situation and very thorough on explaining everything to me.”
  • “The environment was welcoming and the staff was very polite. Misty was more than happy to help me and provide me with answers to all of my questions during our consultation.”

Don’t Get Caught In The Wild Alone We’re Here For You