H. Douglas Mitchell is an attorney dedicated to helping resolve family law disputes, the protection of accident victim’s rights, and assisting individuals in North Eastern Georgia take advantage of the rights and privileges the law allows. H. Douglas Mitchell established his law practice in Winder, Georgia where his wife was raised. His law practice is located to serve Barrow, Jackson, Clarke, Oconee, Walton, Gwinnett and Hall counties in Northern Georgia. Attorney Mitchell has helped several clients through difficult and complex legal challenges, and welcomes the opportunity to assist you with the challenges you may be facing. Attorney Mitchell’s clients appreciate his ability to listen to their concerns, analyze the law that applies to their situation, and explain their options in a clear and concise manner. Attorney Mitchell’s goal is to empower his clients to make the best decisions concerning their case and its outcome. Attorney Mitchell is dedicated to providing honest, straightforward legal advice and being accessible to clients.
Attorney Mitchell considers his approach in the courtroom to focus on persistence, accuracy, preparedness, and confidence. Attorney Douglas Mitchell never takes his attention off of obtaining the best results possible for his client. Attorney Mitchell is committed to timeless values and above all else the individuals who put their trust in him to be their advocate in the law.
Enjoying the outdoors, hiking and camping, participating in various sporting events, and hanging out with his family are some of Douglas’ activities away from the office. Douglas enjoys snowboarding and a good football game and specifically chose the Winder, Georgia area to begin his law practice for its rural atmosphere close to Atlanta and Athens, the southern charm and the opportunities available to catch a good football game once in a while. Douglas and Shauna, his Southern Georgian wife, have two wonderful children. Their free time is spent together as a family sharing in other family activities. An honorable man of integrity and work ethic, Douglas gives all that he has in his work, family, community, and religious life.
Each client’s case receives hours of focused preparation before ever being ready for court appearance. Douglas’ approach in the courtroom has been prepared, accurate, persistent, and confident at all times. As a skilled negotiator, Douglas utilizes a personal and proactive approach to optimize the desired outcome for each case.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce, Custody, Adoptions, Child & Spousal Support, Property Division
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Injuries and Wrongful Death –Plaintiff
- Car, Truck, & Motorcylce Accidents — Plaintiff
- Premises Liability, Slip & Falls – Plaintiff
- Wills, Estate Matters, Power of Attorneys
- Criminal Charges, Accusations, DUI
- Business Formation, Consulting, Contract Creation/Negotiation, Regulation Compliance
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- Juris Doctorate, Law Degree
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Bachelor’s Major: Biotechnology Business
Past Employment Positions
- Swanson, Lathen, Alexander, McCann & Prestwich, P.C. located in Salem, Oregon
- Nu Skin Enterprises, Regulatory Affairs, located in Provo, Utah
- Oil Field Worker
- Church Service
- Forest Fire Fighter