Athens Family Law Attorneys
Lawyers Serving Clarke, Jackson, Walton, Barrow, Gwinnett, Oconee, Hall, & Banks Counties
Family law is an expansive umbrella of legal services that tackle complex issues that can become challenging to resolve without assistance. At Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm, our attorneys understand how stressful it can be to take legal action against a former spouse or begin estate planning with a professional for an unknown future. Whether it’s divorce or an estate plan that brings clients into our offices, our well-informed attorneys are always ready to provide sound legal advice. Family law covers an expansive umbrella of issues. When choosing to work with our Athens attorneys, clients can feel confident knowing they are represented by knowledgeable legal professionals. Families struggling to navigate custody issues, support orders, or adoption paperwork will find legal representatives they can trust to help you achieve your goals and resolve many complicated problems.
Call our family law attorneys in Athens at (678) 701-6252 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Family Law Attorneys in Athens
At Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm, our attorneys are sensitive to the issues facing families. As a large Georgia family law firm, we are well-versed in a wide range of issues, from trusts to custody orders. Many of our legal services are related to problems facing families, children, and marriages. We want the residents of Athens to know that when they need legal assistance to address family law matters, they have an advocate at Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm. Our Athens family law attorneys understand the ramifications of an inadequate legal strategy, whether you are trying to finalize a contentious divorce or hammer out the details of a prenuptial agreement. Estate planning and divorce are just a couple of the legal services offered to families in Athens and surrounding communities. We also help Georgians expand their families through adoption or fathers hoping to establish paternity.
Our family law attorneys in Athens provide legal assistance with:
• Estate Planning
• Custody and Visitation
• Child Support
• Spousal Support
• Post Judgment Modifications
If you live in Athens and face legal obstacles, the attorneys at Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm are available to help you find solutions to protect you, your loved ones, and your financial future.
Trusts, Spousal Support, & Post Judgment Modifications in Athens
Family law cases can be more emotionally charged than other legal matters, making them harder to resolve. Navigating family and home legal issues can present fertile soil for conflict and litigation. When it’s time for you and your family to begin estate planning, our attorneys can help you draft a plan that meets your goals and protects you and your family in the future. The attorneys at Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm are dedicated professionals, and we are committed to helping clients achieve their goals and reach peaceful resolutions in legal matters. So, if you are struggling to make changes to your child support order or secure spousal support, you won’t find more compassionate and thoughtful attorneys willing to advocate on your behalf.
Athens Estate Planning Services
Preparing your family for a future without you can give you peace of mind and help to protect your assets from heavy taxation. We work hard to help families feel comfortable discussing estate planning topics and work together to draft helpful legal documents to accomplish your goals. One does not have to be wealthy to need an estate plan. You only need to be a person with assets and interests to protect. Estate planning allows you to take care of future issues that could prevent or complicate the transition of your assets to your heirs.
Our Athens family law attorneys provide several estate planning tools, such as:
- Wills: A will is the foundational document of your estate plan, and it covers important issues regarding your assets, like who will inherit your property, serve as guardian to any minor children, and who will serve as your executor.
- Trusts: Trusts, like wills, outline the transfer of assets after your death, but trusts are private and more customizable than a will. Trusts are also preferable for some individuals because they are not subject to probate.
- Advance Directives for Health Care: The goal of a good estate plan is that it answers questions you cannot because you are deceased or incapacitated. Tools like advance medical directives allow individuals to speak on their behalf about medical procedures and treatments that may be performed while incapacitated.
- Powers of Attorney: An agent that acts on your behalf based on predetermined triggering events. A power of attorney can be applied in your absence or incapacity. The individual giving away their agency would decide the conditions that would trigger the document and what decisions can be made on their behalf.
At Mitchell & Crunk Law Firm, our attorneys can help you draft a will that meets the needs of your situation, and if you aren’t familiar with the other documents in an estate plan, we can any questions you may have and help you get started planning today. We’re confident our experienced team of attorneys can help you create an end-of-life plan that meets your specifications. Call now at (678) 701-6252 to schedule a consultation or reach out online for more information.
“We had a great experience and I’m sure you will too!”