Commerce DUI Attorney
Driving while under the influence is against the law in Georgia, and drivers who are caught operating a vehicle while impaired are often punished to the full extent of the law. If you or a loved one has been charged with a DUI in Commerce, it is important to know that a DUI conviction can have a significant effect on your life and your future opportunities. To protect your best interests, contact our Commerce DUI attorneys and schedule a consultation as soon as possible.
What Are the Penalties for a DUI Conviction?
The penalties for a DUI conviction depend upon the amount of alcohol the defendant had in their system at the time they were driving, whether or not anyone was injured as a part of the DUI offense, and whether the defendant has any previous DUI convictions on their record. For the most part, DUI offenses will be penalized as such:
First time offense
- Fine up to $1,000
- Potential incarceration up to one year
- Mandatory alcohol risk class
- Community service
- License suspension up to three years
- Fine up to $1,000
- License reinstatement fee
- Incarceration period – minimum of 48 hours up to one year
- Possible requirement for interlock ignition device
- Minimum incarceration period of 15 days
- Fine up to $5,000
- License suspension of five years
- Limited driving permit after two years
A fourth DUI offense is a considered a felony offense, and is punishable by up to five years in prison, amongst other things.
How Can a Commerce DUI Attorney Help Me?
The above consequences of a DUI conviction are clearly ones that no one wants to deal with. However, without an experienced Commerce DUI attorney on your side, your chances of conviction and severe penalty are greater. When you hire our DUI attorneys in Commerce, we help you by:
- Gathering evidence related to your case, including the type of device used to measure your BAC, analysis of evidence the prosecution has against you (i.e. results of a field sobriety test), and more.
- Disputing validity of evidence, including having BAC tests thrown out due to defective testing devices, or field sobriety test results withheld due to improper administration.
- Negotiating a plea deal with the prosecution.
- Determining whether or not charges against you can be reduced to a lesser offense.
- Explaining your legal options, and helping to understand what actions are in your best interest.
Reach Out to Our DUI Lawyers in Commerce, GA Today
All hope is not lost when you are charged with a DUI. When you contact our expert DUI attorneys in Commerce, GA, you can improve your chances of securing the best outcome possible for your case. We have handled countless DUI cases over the years, and know how to represent our clients effectively. Schedule your free case consultation with our team today by writing us a message via our online form, or calling our law offices directly.